The Glenlivet launches new controversial collection of glassless and edible whisky cocktail capsules
Published Date: 19th January 2022
- No ice. No stirrer. No glass. The contentious capsules see premium whisky cocktails encased in an edible seaweed casing.
- Available in 5 brand new flavours and a refined spherical shape, The Glenlivet's capsule offering shakes up every predetermined concept of what a cocktail should be.
The Glenlivet has today unveiled a controversial new collection of glassless and edible whisky cocktail capsules, which are set to change the future of whisky and move the debate from 'ice or no ice' to 'glass or no glass'.
The capsules have been refined to an elegant new spherical shape, enhancing the traditional whisky drinking experience. They also come in five brand new flavours, exploring a wide range of The Glenlivet's premium offering and changing every predetermined concept of what a cocktail should be:
- Ool La La - The Glenlivet Founder's Reserve, peach and oolong tea, vanilla syrup
- Scottish Coffee - The Glenlivet Founder's Reserve, coffee, cane sugar
- Old Fashioned - The Glenlivet 12, Angostura Bitters, simple syrup, water
- Whisky Sour - The Glenlivet 12, lemon juice, simple syrup
- Mai Tai - The Glenlivet Caribbean Reserve, lime juice, orgeat syrup, triple sec
The launch marks the first time the capsules will be available since their initial launch in 2019, which saw whisky traditionalists, and beyond, up in arms.
The latest collection has been created in partnership with edible mixology experts, Molecular Experience, and now features a spherical capsule shape to create an even smoother tasting experience, which is also natural, vegan-friendly and gluten free.
From 27th January, curious drinkers will get the opportunity to try The Glenlivet's controversial collection of glassless and edible whisky cocktail capsules at an innovative sensory experience, hosted exclusively at The Den Soho. Find out more details at: Enjoy Cocktails at The Glenlivets whisky tasting
During the 'Dramming in the Dark' experience, guests will be fully immersed in an ultra-Instagrammable room filled with futuristic lights and mirrors. 30 minute bookable sessions will be available every Thursday, Friday and Saturday (27th Jan -19th Feb) to become truly immersed in the future of whisky.