Tomintoul Distillery, in Speyside, launches an innovative range of single malt cask finishes
Published Date: 30th August 2023
Tomintoul Single Malt Scotch Whisky has announced an innovative new range of contemporary cask finishes launching this summer.
Handcrafted in the heart of the Cairngorms National Park, each expression has been matured in exceptional American oak ex-bourbon casks, before being married and finished in a range of hand selected barrels sourced from esteemed wine and spirit-producing regions across the world.
Each bottled at 40% ABV, the non-age statement range offers a unique collection of beautifully rich, complex and full flavoured single malt Scotch whisky at an accessible price point.
The range consist of seven experimental single malts which are now available in select markets, each with an RRP of £43 -
- Tomintoul Caribbean Rum Cask Finish, married and finished in hand selected Caribbean rum barrels
- Tomintoul Cognac Cask Finish, married and finished in hand selected Cognac casks from France
- Tomintoul Merlot married & finished in hand selected Merlot wine barrels from the Bordeaux region, France
- Tomintoul Pedro Ximenez Cask Finish, married and finished in hand-selected Pedro Ximenez sherry butts from Andalucia, Spain
- Tomintoul Pinot Noir Cask Finish - finished in hand selected Pinot Noir wine barrels from Burgundy, France
- Tomintoul Tawny Port Cask Finish, married & finished in hand selected Tawny Port barriques from Portugal
- Tomintoul White Port Cash Finish, married and finished in specially selected white port barriques from Portugal
The experimental cask finish collection is currently available in select European markets.
Tomintoul Pedro Ximenez Cask Finish has launched exclusively on Tomintoul's online shop, with more of the range expected to become available to UK consumers via the brand's e-commerce site in early Autumn.
Visit www.TomintoulWhisky.com to find out more