Planet Whiskies - Whisky - Teacher’s Whisky Mince Pies
On this page on Planet Whikies is a recipe on how to make Teacher’s Whisky Mince Pies. It is easy to make and is a perfect recipe for Christmas and a great winter warmer. You will see below the ingredients and the method of how to make this popular whisky recipe.
Teacher’s Whisky Mince Pies
You will need a 12 hole non-stick bun tin and makes 8-10 mince pies
Mincemeat Filling (makes 3llb / 1.35kg)
225g (8oz) Pink Lady apples, peeled, cored and chopped (these apples are best because of their
110g (4oz) shredded suet
395g (14oz) dried mixed fruit
110g (4oz) candied peel, finely chopped
175g (6oz) dark brown sugar
Zest and juice of one orange
Zest and juice of one lemon
25g (1oz) finely chopped almonds
2 teaspoons mixed spice
½ teaspoons cinnamon
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
3 tablespoons Teacher’s Whisky
• Combine all the ingredients, with the exception of the Teacher’s in an oven proof bowl.
• Cover with a muslin cloth and leave to infused for 12 hours, or overnight in a cool place.
• Pre-heat the oven to 120ºC.
• Remove the muslin cloth and loosely cover the bowl with tin foil and put in the oven.
• Leave the mixture to heat through for 3 hours to let the flavours develop, then take out of
the oven to cool, stirring periodically to help blend the ingredients together.
• Once cool, add the Teacher’s Whisky and store in an airtight container in a cool dry place.
• Best eaten within a year of being made
For the shortcrust pastry:
400g block of shortcrust pastry
• Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
• Flour an even surface and roll out the shortcrust pastry as thinly as possible.
• Cut the pastry into 8-10 3 inch rounds and the remaining pastry into strips for the lattice
topping, ensuring you re-roll the trimmings.
• Line the cake tins lightly with butter and dust with flour, then gently fit a 3 inch pastry
round into each tin.
• Fill these with the mincemeat mixture until level with the top of the tin.
• Dampen the edges of the lattice strips with water and press lightly onto each pie to form
the top of the pie.
• Brush the lattice lids with milk.
• Bake for 25-30 minutes until light golden brown.
Cool on a rack and dust the tops with icing sugar. Store in an airtight container.
Share Planet Whiskies on social media
Diageo To Open Its Doors For Global Celebration Of Scotch Whisky - 3rd February, 2017
Kingsbarns Distillery appoints new Visitor Centre Development Manager :: 25th January, 2017
The Scotch Whisky Association - New figures show Scotch is biggest boost for UK balance of trade :: 25th January, 2017
Irish Distillers to invest €10m in production capacity at Midleton Distillery :: 19th January, 2017
Glenfiddich IPA Experiment launches in UK on-trade with Young's exclusive :: 17th January, 2016
The Dalmore Release 50 Year Old Single Malt To Mark Half A Century Of Richard Paterson’s Pioneering Whisky-Making :: 14th January, 2017
Chivas Brothers Starts Global Search for its next master :: 9th January, 2017
The Latest Expression From Scapa: Scapa Glansa :: Introducing Scapa - a boutique range of handcrafted single malts from the wild and beautiful Island of Orkney :: 5th January, 2017
Latest Gin News
Ian Macleod Distillers Acquires Edinburgh Gin :: 13th September, 2016
Crafted Upon Four Pillars :: The definitive Modern Australian Gin Debuts in the U.S :: 13th July, 2016
VisitScotland Interactive Whisky Guide
Found out about 105 whisky distilleries in Scotland's five whisky regions in this very exciting interactive whisky guide :: More information
Subscribe to Whisky Magazine
Subscribe to the Whisky Magazine and find out the latest news within the whisky industry. More details
Selection of Scottish Malts Whisky available from Spirits By Post
More details about Spirits By Post can be found on their website at www.spiritsbypost.com
Planet Whiskies on Twitter
Support us Google Plus